The Double Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackwing descent - Atramedes

3 posters

Go down

Blackwing descent - Atramedes Empty Blackwing descent - Atramedes

Post  Amourus Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 am

Beeing lazy so only posting a video that kinda explain all you need to know about this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76_r3fgddV4&feature=related
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Blackwing descent - Atramedes Empty Re: Blackwing descent - Atramedes

Post  Teda Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 am

This looks really fun! It looks like (and as you said earlier amo) my shield (60% increase run speed) might be very valuable from Ishamail and me.
Teda
Teda

http://www.zombo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am

The aoe damage spikes are quite hard but also seems the only danger in this fight healingwise.

For me anyway I need a couple of more tries to get a better understanding of the damage output, but every thing we can do to lessen damage is needed.

Its very easy in this fight to think "im just gonna get this spell off before i move from that sonic circle coming towards me". (very bad thing to do though)

We have 10 gongs, they say that its quite much and we shouldnt be afraid to use them.

Last edited by Trizz on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Teda Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 am

Aoe really seems to be the main problem for me too, not so much the tank healing as it seems to work well enough for me to throw a few greater heals/renew when tank is struggling to keep up.
As you are saying Trizz, having the time to cast heals is an issue thats very hard to deal with. As for my spec the -15% mana decrease on instant cast heals seemed pretty good, as I need to keep up Circle of Healnig and Prayer of Mending throughout the whole fight.

Two things I figured out that ended up being very helpful for me towards the end of the evening:
1: On ground phase, when sound-discs come towards where I'm standing in the middle (as ranged), I find it better to do a right-turn if possible so that if I'm targeted with "following flame attack" I don't end up running through the whole raidgroup, potentially killing off people. Also, if we do this well together I don't need to worry so much about being in range to cast body and soul (shield+60% speed increase) on others.
2: Think of the sound-discs as a bit larger than they are. Even when I just dodged them, in my mind perfectly, I still got the damage and sound increase.

I said these in chat last night but I figure it might be helpful for others who werent there/didnt see it.

From my perspective we're doing very well considering the few tries we had!
Teda
Teda

http://www.zombo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 am

L2R Difficulty Ranking = 2.2/5
The encounter is very simplistic and easy to learn but has some unforgiving mechanics. An average guild can expect to spend 1-2 nights learning and executing this encounter.
Tanking = 1/5
Healing = 2/5
DPS = 2/5
Movement = 3/5
Situational Awareness = 3/5

(25 man)
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content