The Double Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bastion of Twilight - Cho'gall

4 posters

Go down

The Bastion of Twilight - Cho'gall Empty The Bastion of Twilight - Cho'gall

Post  Amourus Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:24 am

Here is a Video guide off Cho'gall (10 man). It explains all we need to know about this fight on normal mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWHNzND_wY8

Hope it can be of any use

Regards Amourus
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

The Bastion of Twilight - Cho'gall Empty Re: The Bastion of Twilight - Cho'gall

Post  Trizz Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:37 am

Healing (will be updated). All this are from various sources Razz

Cho'gall is a two-phase fight featuring a long first phase that alternates between heavy tank damage and heavy raid damage for healers. The shorter, second phase is a chaotic burn phase that you'll have to keep under control, both with healing and execution.

DISPEL!!!!

Phase 1
A tank obviously can't run through the void zone, though, so depending on what abilities he has, you may end up using Leap of Faith to pull him across.

Phase 2
In this phase, Cho'gall will also summon Darkened Creations, which are eyestalks that will channel a 75% healing and damage reduction debuff on members of your raid. Killing these eyestalks is a priority, because your raid is not operating at 100% output until they're all down. For that reason, even healers should try to help out with damage. Smite your heart out if you're a disc priest with Archangel. If you're holy, do the same, but I don't recommend taking on Chakra: Chastise; there is plenty of healing to do, and you don't want to get behind being in the wrong stance.
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:38 am

L2R Difficulty Ranking = 2.6/5
The encounter requires an appropriate amount of skill and gear for it’s progression placement. An average guild can expect a learning curve of 2-3 nights learning and executing this fight.
Tanking = 3/5
Healing = 3/5
DPS = 4/5
Movement = 1/5
Situational Awareness = 2/5

(for 25 man tho)
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 am

Ok, first night we got him down to just under 50%.

Do anyone have a opinion of what we should improve btw? To me it seemed like we need more attention to keeping the chogall tank up. However im not sure its becouse we need more healing on him or that the raid are doing mistakes that boosts chogalls dps (Twisted Devotion). Also the slime things reached the melee dps at some times.

Me and dreb had manaproblems in some of the tries, but its as it should be, when the healers learn the fight better we will conserve mana better and as we go along the raid will avoid more avoidable damage.

Last edited by Trizz on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:21 am

I think some of the issues we had might have been when we run from cho`gall to kill the add we spread a little to much maby (tho we need to do so aswell so every 1 dont need to run from shadow crash) so it took to long time to interupt mc`ed players. Think if we are more in a line from cho`gall to the staris it might be a little easier. Not spread to the sides. And i aslo noticed on some of the attepts that the blood of the old gods adds got spread abit. Think i need to see a bit more videos from this fight and see it i pick some ideas from them today
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 am

Okey by reading at the posts off ppl on http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72803-Cho-gall i defently got an ida or a must we have to do/change from last time. We tanked cho`gall at his throne to max the traveling distance for the slimes. But by doing this also made us run alot and losing alot off dps. When i study tankspoots video i notice they have cho`gall just north of the center mark in the floor and therefor i saw that the ranged dint have to move at all, and there for not losing any dps to running from anything else then shadow crash. And ofc less running for melee aswell gives extra dps. They are just very fast to get up slows etc on the slimes and ofc we can move slowly towards the thorne if they are getting to close to us as we dps them.

Notice 1 thing Alinea had wrong aswell. The shadow crashes from the shadow adds take the same amount of time to hit the target swirly zone no matter the distance. She says otherwise, but thats wrong.

Point of note:
* The Worship/Mind Control is only for the duration of the Worship cast. As it is the channeling of the spell that keeps you immobile/MCd it can be interrupted by anything. Including spell interrupts (IE: our shaman healer was wind-shocking us back into action. This becomes important when heals are split between MT and OT taking the big adds.)

* If you get a 5th add just off tank it until he hits 25% (they will despawn when he enters the final phase). If he cast a 5th fester blood he will wipe us tho, but dosent mather as he will just wipe us later do to berserk for the dps loss to kill the 5th add and 25 slimes.

* Not sure about this to but some guy say that phase2 is surprisingly easy you'll never die from it unless he berserks or goes 5 pool summon(which would be almost all the wipes), you can just lust at the beginning if you need more DPS. To make phase 2 easier is to tank Cho'Gall close to the wall. This ensures that the tentacles spawn close together and on top of each other.

Last edited by Amourus on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 am

I also like this guy ida of stright line of the puddles tho he is doing 25 man

"We had an "ah ha" moment last night doing this in 25 - we were just about 10 seconds off the timer for taking him to 25% before he casts his 5th Fester Blood. In order to reduce travel time for melee between Adherents and Cho'gall, and maximizing distance the Blood of the Old God have to travel, we started by tanking the boss in the center of the room. First adherent comes out, tank takes it to the stairs, kill it there, ranged take care of adds. Second adherent comes out, tank takes it so it's in a line between the first puddle and the boss, kill it there. As the third add comes out, the tanks move the boss towards his throne, and we continue to make a straight line of puddles - same with the 4th. This way when you're getting 15-20 slimes they're A. coming at you in a straight line and B. you neither have to run to Africa to get between the boss and the adds, nor are they spawning right in your grill."
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm

The avoidable damage is from mind controlled players not getting interuppted, shadow crashes, from the blood adds and "Depravity" (must be interuppted). The avoidable damage will get you increased corruption. Having low corruption is essential to survive in phase 2.

The mind controled players will give Chogall +10% damage buff per 3 sec of mc for 20 sec. Doesnt sound like much but people have posted logs where chogall gets up to 12 stacks of it.
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:46 pm

You can find a complete log breakdown of our Cho'gall ----HERE----

For the healers, look up the top for "Dashboard" select damage taken. Some interesting things to be seen.

For the dps, look up the top for "Dashboard" select damage done and then check out the damage taken...you may have been able to avoid some stuff.

Tanks are going to want to check out the survivability section and also the damage taken.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 am

Great fun yesterday all. Im just wondering about one thing, how are we supposed to handle the black puking thing in phase 2 when we are grouped up? Just turn away or run away a bit? How long time do you have between you get the DBM warning til you puke etc?
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 pm

we all have to be on the alert on that puking, turning 180 degree probs. Just hope we can assemble the same team next time we go,. prob sunday unless you going for him tomorrow.
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Kosh was thinking that two healing this is the way to go. I did BoT tonight on an alt in a <Dark Elders> alt run and that's what they done. Two healers a shaman and druid.

Apparently with the shadow AoE it brings everyone low but doesn't kill them. So there isn't a real source of continuous damage to the raid apart from people standing in fire or getting hit by crashes until phase 2. In that regards 2 healing it makes sense. One healer on chogal tank and the other on the rest of the raid, mana is an issue with doing this method though and there is the case that getting MC stacks on the boss makes the chogal tank unhealable due to the high amount of damage from the stacks.

There is also the possibility that it will be too much in phase 2 but with the extra dps it may negate this.

Anyways...it's some food for thought.

Last edited by Drebinglock on Tue May 17, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I dont get it, there is no shadow crash or fire in ph 2.

And I guess you mean this:
Corrupting Crash—Fires a shadow missile at a target, dealing 43875 to 46125 Shadow damage to all enemies near the impact. Targets hit by the Corrupting Crash have corruption applied to them.
But thats ofc only in ph1. And "it brings everyone low but dont kill them"? I dont get it. Its ok to stand in the crash then? Isnt it the corruption it brings thats the real killer?

couse of his ability in ph2:
Corruption of the Old God—Cho'gall becomes completely corrupted by the Old Gods, inflicting 4875 to 5125 Shadow damage every 2 sec to everyone in the room.

But its worth trying, but i think we should use dreb and kosh for healing (i fear the mana probl for disc)

Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry heh, it's supposed to say until phase two. And I mean shadow AoE he does brings people low but doesn't kill them. Rewriting my message.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed May 18, 2011 1:09 am

Also rember whit 1 extra dps the fight will be shorter. Def something to consider
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 am

Yeah, we have used the tactic before on some fights with good results. Mana management need to be precise, innervate would be marvellous (druid healer with glyphed innervate, where are you? Maybe time to put my druid healer into action).

"When Innervate is cast on a friendly target other than the caster, the caster will gain 50% of Innervate's effect."

Last edited by Trizz on Wed May 18, 2011 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 am

fsake, that 1 insane spell. And to 2 heal it would have to be a druid there that have dots on the tank for those flew sec the tank healr is hit by MC
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 am

Ok, we need to bounce back to get this shit down Razz I have no idea whats the problem tho, im gonna change offspec to holy, as they say its the recommended priest spec for this fight for 10 man (might help a bit).
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 am

yeah that we havent killed this guy yet is just so...... frustrating. Not funny eighter to hear from irl friends, oh we killed him whit alts yesterday Embarassed
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 am

Only two things stopping us now: Too high corruption in phase 1 (we've executed some phase 1s splendily others like shit) and the biggest obstacle as I see it: Interrupts in phase 2. It's the beams getting through that kills us and lowers our dps, with them handled we can kill him.
Poe
Poe
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Solme Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 pm

next time i dps cho i may go with knee as frost the AoE slow is far more effective than hunter traps, may lose the snare effect but it seemed to be a tad temperamental and only really snared the 1st4-5 blobs in the line which are the ones that die fastest anyway will also give another short cd interrupt in P2
Solme
Solme
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Good to see ppl planning on how to improve here. I have made my own aswell. Dropped my fury spec atm and added 1 more "raid boss friendly spec". The changes i have done is as i cant sillence any raid bosses, i removed gagorder and added impending victory, added 15% dmg to devestate and victoryrush + 3 points in deepwonds. This to easy the healing I need in those all important burn phases. When cho`gall hits 20% and phase 2. my impending victory kicks in aswell and make my devestate have a 50% chance to proc a free victory rush, but it only heal for 5% of my total health (a normal is 20%). However i have alot modifier for it, 20% in field dressing and also a glyph that increse healing done by victory rush by 50%. Never tried it before so i have no idea how much it will heal. Only know that the normal rushes in my normal spec heal me for 50-54K (whit out the glyhp). So i hope that I can heal myself for about 17-20k ish about every 3 sec. About 6-7khps should free up some heals for the dps when I am tanking cho`gall if it works like toltip say Razz Looking farward to our next attempt
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Nice idea Amourus. Just remember to get the full effect out of it you may want to target / have targeted eyestalks that are targeting you as prio.

It's also not a bad idea for anyone being targeted by a stalk...to go for that stalk and interrupt it. That's the plan I was going for when I was dpsing, if a stalk was targeting me I went for it and stunned or interrupted it and nuked it down asap before going for the rest. Not that easy while healing ofc but I plan to mess my talents around a little and get aura mastery. At least then I could hit that further into phase 2 for some added resistance to shadow damage.

This isn;t a bad idea for anyone healing really, save your CD's until further into phase 2 instead of using them up when it begins. Peoples corruption will be much higher causing them to take more damage from sources as well as the puking and so on so your cool downs are best used then in my opinion.

I also think that we can afford to put a minimum of 1 dps always on Chogal in phase 2. This should really help with the phase, not the strongest dps since that could be most useful on getting stalks down fast. I suggest the second or third strongest dps stays on chogal in phase 2 or something similar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 am

I see a lot of comments like this:

"We've 2 healed it both times we downed him. Wiping on Cho'gall is almost never a healing issue. It's typically the oozes not dying, which then starts a series of cascading issues involving corrupted blood and all of the escalated damage associated with it. If you can easily manage the oozes, the fight will be trivial. You'll go into phase 2 with FAR less raid damage going out, which will give you more time to pew pew on the boss. "

"EVERYONE need to be @ 0 corruption in phase 2 (or 10 just incase couldnt avoid something..)" (2 healing)

Eyestalks will spawn every 30 sec.
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down