The Double Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron

2 posters

Go down

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron Empty Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron

Post  Amourus Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Abilities

Be sure to talk to Finkle before aggro-ing Chimaeron in order to gain the buff: Finkle's Mixture—Damage taken while above 10000 health cannot reduce your health below 1.

Chimaeron Phase One - 100% to 22%

1. Caustic Slime—Deals 280000 Nature damage and briefly reduces chance to hit for all enemies in an area. Damage is split between all enemies within 6 yards of the impact crater.
2. Massacre—Inflicts maximum damage to all enemy players.
3. Feud—Chimaeron is unable to perform melee attacks while his heads are fighting each other.
4. Double Attack—Chimaeron will strike twice on his next attack.
5. Break—Chimaeron attacks viciously, breaking through his target's defenses. Increases Physical damage taken by 25% for 1 min. Stacks.

Phase Two - 22% to 0%

1. Mortality—Chimaeron goes into a rage, rendering him immune to Taunt effects but increasing the damage he takes by 20%. Reduces healing effects for all enemies by 99%.
2. Double Attack—Chimaeron will strike twice on his next attack.

Strategy

When the Bile-o-Tron is online the raid will spread out, the buff will protect them from being one shot by Caustic Slime and Massacre. Healers need only heal people to above 10,000 HP.

When the Bile-o-Tron is knocked offline by Massacre Chimaeron's heads will begin fighting eachother but will still cast Caustic Slime. Thus the raid will stack up on top of eachother and will need to be healed as much as possible. You should assign 1-2 large AE cooldowns to be cast per each Feud phase, such as Hymn, Divine Guardian, Tranquility, etc. Any nature resist buff (aspect, totems, etc) you can cast is also EXTREMELY helpful for this phase. Since the damage is split between all targets hit, you should also have all possible pets out that you can; warlocks and hunters should recall their pets to stand next to them to help soak damage. Mages can Mirror Image, Druids can summon treants, etc to also help soak. When the Bile-o-Tron comes back online the raid should spread out again

Shortly before 22%, you should aim to heal everyone above 10k health. At 22.0% HP Chimaeron will become untauntable, take extra damage, and apply a debuff to the raid reducing healing done by 99%. You will still have the Bile-O-Tron, which means that any players above 10k health can survive 2 attacks from Chimaeron. At this point it's a simple burn. Because of the lack of healing, healers should help DPS. All DPS should use survival abilities: Rogues evasion, Priests fade, Mages mirror image, Hunters Deterrence, etc. In the 10man version, the "burn phase" can be somewhat challenging due to "running out of bodies.

3. (for tanks and healrs)
Simple in concept but more difficult in execution, Chimaeron is a gear check boss.

This fight requires 2 tanks; one will take all regular melee attacks, and the other will taunt off and take only the double strike attacks. The boss attacks extremely slowly (around 5 seconds inbetween each attack) so the regular melee tank will only need 10k hp for each hit. The offtank however needs to be topped off due to the double strike mechanic. Double Strike causes the boss to gain a buff which will make his next attack hit twice at once. You want to have the first attack leave you with more than 10k hp, so that the next attack will not kill you. Each attack is about 100-150k damage unmitigated, thus the need for full health on each double strike (barring a lucky dodge/parry/miss). Due to the "Break" debuff, you can not have just one person tank it all due to the fact that the increased damage taken debuff from break will cause the first double strike attack to do enough damage to leave less than 10k hp remaining, which makes the second attack kill you. Thus the overall objective is to have all break debuffs stacked on the normal melee tank, while the offtank gets no break stacks and takes only double strikes.

Important note:

If there is nobody in melee range of him he will one shot the raid. Just like Kologarn in Ulduar, you need to have someone in range of the boss all the time obviously the tank.

Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron Empty Re: Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:30 am

Seems very similar in concept to the first boss in SFK. Nice guide Amo cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:19 am

Found this on the webby, how to config grid for the healrs to help you in this fight! Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuring Grid

Since the singlemost important thing in healing this fight is to get people above 10k health, finding an easy, obvious way to spot the people who are under 10k will help immensely.

I use Grid, so that’s what I know to talk about. You have a couple options at your disposal:

1. GridStatusChimaeron

There’s a plugin for Grid with configurable settings for the fight. In the end, I did not use this indicator, opting instead for…

2. Low HP Warning

In Grid, by default, there is a white border that shows up around someone’s box if their HP drops below a set threshold, and the default value is 80%.

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron Grid11

Open up your Grid config, (use /grid ) and click on the Status Tab. Scroll down to the Health section, expand it, and click on “Low HP Warning”.

I changed my threshold to 10%. 9% should also work, since you should all be running over 100k by the time you get the Chimaeron with raid buffs.

If this isn’t already on, or you want to double-check it, click on the Indicators tab, then “Border”, find “Low HP Warning” in the list and make sure it’s checked. It will result in the border seen around my box that I pasted on top of the Grid config window there as an example.

In the end, this was my preferred method, as I just aimed heals at whoever was highlighted.

3. HP Value as Status Text

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron Grid2

Alternately, you can go into Grid->Indicators, and change one of your status text lines (Center Text 3 is an additional plugin I’ve added) and check “Unit health”. I didn’t like this as much because I don’t want to mine through a 5×5 square of information to find values that are lower than 10,000 manually.
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/03/07/spiritual-guidance-healing-chimaeron-and-atramedes-as-a-priest/

Some important things. Between Massacre the boss will cast three Caustic Slime. If you have any fast cast heals you should be ready with them for the third one - the next massacre will come shortly.

I dont know if it was this that got us last time, but maybe it was.
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 am

Again - healing strats (work in progress).

Assignments

"Regardless of your raid size, divide up your raid into groups and have your healers down or up their raid frame. It helps to assign people like this "heal group 2, from top to bottom, then group 1 bottom to top" and then give another healer an assignment like "Heal group one top to bottom, then group 2 bottom top." This way you're working from two different places and meeting in the middle and minimizing overlap."

This way, when caustic slime hits two people at once the healers will always heal one each.

Caustic slimes and Massacre - the difficult stuff
"Between Massacre the boss will cast three Caustic Slime. This means you'll want to save fast, instant-cast heals for the third (last) round of Caustic Slime in each cycle of the fight. Don't use them on the second round, when there is plenty of time to use cast slower spells. This is probably the most important thing in the fight to know as a healer."

Fast heals seems to be

Priests - Circle of Healing, Renew, Holy Word: Serenity or flash heal. (Holy Word: Serenity is the best), for disc its penance.
Shamans - "Specced and glyphed into Earthliving? It does help a lot." "riptide + UE + earthliving" "Long as you have the improved earthliving talents and glpyh (like you should!) you should have no problem. Any heal you cast on anyone that low will proc earthliving (100% proc chance on low health targets). So riptide + earthliving will clear 1 person, healing wave the next + earthliving for #2, healing wave + earthliving for #3, UE + earthliving for #4, riptide again if you need..."
Paladins - "Use Holy Shock and Word of Glory to accomplish this quickly. I actually picked up the Last Word talent to help while learning this fight, as players will nearly always be below 35% life. You need to be quick to react to a players hit by Caustic Slime, so work with your other healers to coordinate this effort. Again, you only want to heal them to just over 10k life and then stop healing, conserving mana. Don't bother with a Flash of Light or Divine Light, as they'll only overheal."

Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizz Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Hate this fight
Trizz
Trizz
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 pm

I like healing it whit my op pala Razz
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amourus Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:55 am

Here is my Grid setup for Chimeron!

Blackwing Descent - Chimaeron Gridy

1. Border and lower right corner shows whit red color a "Low HP" warning. This activets when a player have only 9% health left, or less, witch is about 10k. (when i took this screen shoot i had 10500 hp). So heal untill the red frame and corner dot goes away or this player will die on next hit.

2. Green dot in lower left corner shows that this target have incomming heal from some one, if you see the +7,9k tekst in the middle it also shows the estimated heal amount thats incomming. In this case 7,9k from me. It will not know if you crit, and it also show abit lower nummber then what`s accualy gona hit. Guess its struggeling to know my spell power. Here it hit for 9k and not 7,9k. But better under, then over ey Smile

3. Shows an icon for my beacon target and under it, time left in seconds. When its 30 sec left, the beacon symbol goes away and is replaced whit "Beacon" in letters and it also turn yellow as its about to run out. When its only 10 sec left it turn red!

4. Red dot in upper left corner shows this target have Aggro. Usefull for "Hand of salvation" if some 1 pushes the aggro to high and for "Hand of protection" in phase 3 if chimeron is comming for a caster. (not wise on melee as they cant use and physical attacks while immune). Yellow dot in this corner shows this target is high on treath. Might whana hand him Hand of salvation before he overaggro the tank.

If any1 would be interrested in getting this setup talk to me ingame and i`ll help you set it up if needed!

Regards

Amourus
Amourus
Amourus
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down